Pi Alpha Scholarship Fund
Pi Alpha Launches Scholarship Fund For Incoming Freshman Leaders
In 2015, Pi Alpha Founder Dave Dorner brought up the idea of creating a $500 scholarship for incoming freshman to provide the active chapter with access to top notch incoming freshman men before they arrive at UT. The focus of the scholarship is on strong academics, campus and sports leadership and community involvement in high school.
Dave worked tirelessly with The UT Foundation, UT Admissions and the UT Alumni Relations offices to launch this program for Pi Alpha. Dave’s hard work paid off! The program is funded by donations from Pi Alpha Alumni. Here’s how the program works:
- Early in 2016 The Pi Alpha Alumni Association made a donation to The UT Foundation to set up the scholarship
- The scholarship was posted on the UT Admissions Scholarship web page
- Incoming freshman men simply fill out the application and submit it to UT
- UT then sends the applicants The Pi Alpha Alumni Association
- The Pi Alpha Alumni Association works with the active chapter Rush Chair and Executive Committee to review the applicants
- The active chapter selects the scholarship winner
- An award ceremony is held at the chapter house for the winners, their family and parents
Please join us in thanking Brother Dorner for leading this effort! Honor Super Omnia!